WE’RE HERE TO HELP
At Callbox Storage, we are here to help make your life easier. We have prepared a list of commonly asked questions below.
- Apartment dwellers and homeowners who need more space in their home or garage
- Newlyweds or new parents
- Families going thru life changes such as down-sizing
- Interior decorators who need a tool for their clients
- Households that need a storage solution for items such as extra furniture, holiday decorations, or sports equipment
- Business travelers who need a storage solution
- Businesses such as retail stores, condominium complexes and senior care providers that need extra storage space
What does it cost?
HOW DO YOU STORE MY ITEMS?
HOW DO I GET MY ITEMS BACK?
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT WHEN CALLBOX ARRIVES?
- Box your items prior to your pick up time
- Take down and package your pictures and frames
- Ensure your appliances are disconnected in advance and properly thawed out (plan in advance as this takes time)
- Take down and box your TVs
- Take down your bed set
- Empty out dressers and box their contents
- Ensure arrangements are made for our trucks to park
Additional time required for Callbox Storage to organize and pack your items is billed at $45 per hour, per Storage Professional.
- Food or perishable goods.
- Unusually large and heavy items such as pool tables, pianos, heavy steel grills/smokers, and hot tubs.
- Vehicles or aircraft, hovercraft, motor vehicles, engines, and trailers. At the sole discretion of the Company, we may allow small vehicles that can be maneuvered and moved with ease as long as they have been properly drained of any fuel.
- Antiques (100 years or older, whether or not fragile).
- Illegal substances such as drugs, drug paraphernalia, stolen goods, or other items concealed from authorities related to legal matters.
- Anything flammable such as lighter fluids, acetone, gasoline, paint, kerosene, radioactive materials, flammable briquettes, batteries and propane.
- Any personal property which would result in the violation of any law or regulation of any governmental authority, including, without limitation, all laws and regulations relating to Hazardous Materials, waste disposal and other environmental matters.
- Hazardous materials.
- Items that are combustible or expand over time or with changes in temperature such as oxygen tanks or similar containers.
- Construction debris, tires, oil, or batteries, whether new or used.
- Firearms and explosive devices including ammunition, flares, fireworks and other explosive items.
- Pets, birds, fish, or animals,
- Items that emit fumes,
- Items that can rot or breed bacteria such as food products, animals or pet food, fertilizers, pesticides and other items such as bacterial cultures and test samples from live specimens,
- Boxes > 70 pounds or beyond the weight capacity of the box as determined by the Company,
- Appliances must be disconnected, thawed out, and drained prior to pick up. We will not disconnect your appliances or take appliances that have not been adequately drained.
- Strategically sort, group, and pack items together that you’ll likely want back at the same time. For example, store all your decorations together so you can easily identify them.
- Add a note on top of each box of the contents, like “camping gear” or “3 to 6 month baby clothes” so you can easily locate your items.
- Manage the weight of your boxes. Small boxes are for heavy items such as books and large boxes are for lighter items such as pillows.
- Empty out dressers and box their contents.
- Wrap items such as plates and cups in newsprint paper or packing paper and stuff gaps with rolled up t-shirts or packing peanuts to avoid them shifting in transport.
- Disconnect all appliances prior to our arrival. Refrigerators and freezers need to be thawed out and drained before we can take them to avoid leakage on other items. This can take up to 24-48 hours.